Ledec nad Sazavou is the third largest town in the Havlickuv Brod region. The local castle is the dominant here. Its history is close-nit to the town history. The castle has been established at the first half of 13th century. Right opposite the castle, on the left Sazava river bank, there is a church from 14th century sacred to St. Apostles Petr and Pavel. Above the castle there is another point of interest- the Thune’s villa from 1685- 1694. It used to be a summer residence of archbishop Arnost from Thun. Beside this there are many others place to see- significant municipal houses, the cemetery church of “Holy Trinity” from 1585, the synagogue from the year of 1739 and the Jewish cemetery established in 1601- one of the eldest in Czech Republic.